History of Sevan Startup Summit
Sevan Startup Summit is a yearly non-formal startup event. Initially held in summer 2016 at Sevan lake’s shore by Startup Armenia Foundation, the event is the first of its kind not only in Armenia but in the world. Sevan Startup Summit 2017 exceeded all the expectations and hosted more than 2000 participants and guests from 23 countries. During Sevan Startup Summit 2017 the fund of the closed deals reached $200,000. The prize fund exceeded the predetermined $40,000 and reached $50,000.
Sevan Startup Summit 2018
Sevan Startup Summit 2018 will be held from 22-29th of July at the shore of Lake Sevan, Armenia. The Summit will gather startups and investors from all over the world and give them all an opportunity to cooperate. During the summit, for several days, teams representing startups on different stages of development including startups from the idea stage seed stage and business stage, will have an opportunity to communicate with each other as well as meet different entrepreneurs, specialists and speakers during the lectures, skillful programmers during the campathon, and investors both from Armenia and abroad.
Summit is filled with various workshops, trainings, startup competitions, hackathon, different case studies and discussions, success stories, campfire talks and leisure activities. During the lectures, the participants will get knowledge starting from how to create a business plan on how to sell the business. The last day of the summit is concluded by the Grand Beach Party. This is why the four describing words for the Summit are: connect, learn, win and have fun.
Sevan Startup Summit is a new format for a business platform where the participants have an opportunity to:
- Improve and acquire new knowledge,
- Obtain new valuable contacts,
- Discover new possibilities of cooperation and partnership,
- Compete with their teams and ideas,
- Win grants and get investment.
The aim of the Summit
Sevan Startup Summit aims to:
- Establish a new business platform in Armenia,
- Give the startups an opportunity to meet new people, get in touch with influencers, and gain new opportunities of partnership
- Attract investments to Armenia through creating an international level startup event.